X,version 4 & Riva TN2:Vitual desktop?

Hi:

   Though I am running potato, I installed Xfree86 version 4.
   I have a Diamond Viper 770 card and the previus version was not
   able to use Open GL. The installation went OK, But the display is a
   little curved on the left. I was running a virtual desktop using
   olvwm before, but since I ran xf86config, and there is nothing
   in the config file about virtual desktops, I do not understand
   how it is showing the virtual desktop. The documentation on NVIDIA
   does not want us to run a virtual desktop, so I thought the curved
   display was because of it. I am unable to turn it off, even though
   I have tried other window managers. Any suggestions, please.

   Thanks.

   Sebastian Canagaratna
   Department of Chemistry
   Ohio NOrthern University