Re: Internet connection sharing with cable modem

Carel,

Can you ping your dns?  Can you browse the net from the Linux machine?
Have you set up your internal machines to use the Linux machine as a
gateway?  I have a linksys router and that is what I have to do.

There is a how-to for cablemodems at http://www.linuxdoc.org.  Maybe it
will help you.  The site also has how-tos on ip masquerading and
filtering so you can secure your setup if desired.

HTH
Vinh

* Carel Fellinger <cfelling@iae.nl> [010330 06:57]: