Re: [OT] running a PIII with no fan?

> Noise.

In my system the most noises cames from the power source fan
rather than the CPU fan.

And be aware that a CPU fan shouldnt be too noisy.. if so maybe it has
started breaking down.. change it.. I change my CPU fan as soon as it
starts to vibrate too much and this way I always have a very silent fan.

Have you a silent power source? there are some expensive CPU fans which
are really silent..

I dont think is a very good investment to stop your CPU fan for noises,
you could for example try to place your computer into some case to isolate
noises. Much more effective and unexpensive in the long term.

Regards

Roberto

Roberto Diaz <rdiazmartin@vivaldi.ddts.net>
http://vivaldi.ddts.net