Re: alsaconfig question about Sound Blaster PCI 16

On Sunday 25 March 2001 20:40, Stan Brown wrote:
> I am trying to use alsaconfig to configure my soundcard.
>
> I have a Creative Labs Sound Blaster 16 PCI, and I don't seem to see that
> as a choice. Which one should I choose?

I think there are entries for ens1370 and ens1371. This must be right choice for your card iirc. If it's not there it's because the version of alsaconf in potato is so ancient (1.5 years old!). Then you must get a later version.
I got this driver to work by
1. getting the latest alsa driver
2. changing something like card_index_1 to card_index_0 in /etc/modutils/alsa (that's the output of alsaconf, the old version of alsaconf counts cards from 1)

Robert