Re: apt question

On Sat, 24 Mar, 2001 at 09:58:28 +0100, timohart@gmx.at wrote:
> > deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ testing main non-free contrib
> > deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ unstable main non-free contrib
>
> Entries like this are not wise, because you will get only the newest
> packages in the list, using select funktion of dselect.
>
> > I want to run testing and only manually pick certain packages from
> > unstable, like kde packages by entering something like:
>
> If you only want to get kde packages you can put
I have potato packages right now, but i want those from unstable
(for font anti-aliasing mainly)

> deb http://kde.tdyc.com potato main crypto optional
>
> into your sources.list to get the newest packages. If you like to use a more
> stable kde then look at kde.org or kde.de (greman) for ftp mirrors. I use
>
> deb
> ftp://sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/pub/Linux/kde/stable/2.1/distributio
> n/deb potato main
>
> and had found no bugs of this 2.1-final since now.
i do _not_ want the kde packages for potato, i want the unstable ones.
Potato KDE packages in combination with testing are unsupported
and besides that, font AA isn't enabled in the potato packages.

Radu