[OT] Power off on Shutdown using ACPI and kernel-2.4.x

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has gotten their system to power off upon
shutting down when using
kernels 2.4.x. I get an ACPI message, 'Could not enter S5'. My
understanding is that APM and ACPI
are mutually exclusive, so I do not think I should be trying to use APM.
But, I am not sure, because
the computer will power off when shut down using a 2.2.x kernel, which
does not have ACPI support.
So I am curious as to whether or not ACPI is just plain broken when it
comes to this feature, and just
wondering if anyone on this mailing list might have any insight.

Thank You,

Linux - What's your favorite pet penguin up to today?

Jimmy Richards