Re: Debian never powers off

I got following message.  I assume this was for ML.  So I answer here.

On Thu, Mar 15, 2001 at 01:05:03PM -0500, Oleksandr Moskalenko wrote:
> * Osamu Aoki (debian@aokiconsulting.com) wrote:
> > Add append line with "apm=on" in lilo.conf and run lilo.
> > My lilo.conf is like:
> > append="hdc=ide-scsi apm=on mem=128M"
> > hdc=ide-scsi: scsiemulation for CD-RW
> > apm=on: turn power off(Adujust BIOS too)
> > mem=128M: get all memory working
>
>   What if I got apm compiled as module? what kind of file should I
>   write and place in /etc/modutils to get it to load apm.o at the
>   startup?

Looking into kernel source content, I should finf module name.... OOps
there is none. You know, I do not think there is any module thing for
apm.  Apm is turned off by default in debian kernel.  [] in menuconfig
indicates this is Y/N only entry.  Module entries are <>.  There is no
apm.o in 2.2 kernel.

If ever exists apm.o, just put apm in /etc/modules.

Osamu
--
+  Osamu Aoki <debian@aokiconsulting.com>, GnuPG-key: 1024D/D5DE453D  +
+   Fingerprint: 814E BD64 3288 40E7 E88E  3D92 C3F8 EA94 D5DE 453D   +