qmail logging (and in which package is accustamp)

Having replaced exim with qmail yesterday, I'd like to deal with the
loggin issues, since qmail's logging is quite verbose.  I notice that
it logs seemingly identical information to all of the:

/var/log/syslog
/var/log/mail.info
/var/log/mail.log

and it logs identical error messages to both:

/var/log/mail.warn
/var/log/mail.err

I find this to be a bit excessive.  A look at /etc/init.d/qmail shows
three options of handling the logging, the default one being the one
that produces all this stuff.  What are you guys using to keep the
mail logs sane?

Also, one of the options offers to pipe the logging info through
`accustamp' program.  I cannot find in which package the program is.
A google search reveals that it comes as part of `qmailanalog'
package, but it seems that this one is not available as a deb or a
deb-src package (correct me if I'm wrong).

p.s. Why is the default configuration of a newly-installed qmail (from
package) TOTALLY EMPTY?  Not even a "me" file: qmail-send refuses to
start without it.  Also, anyone know why the auto-configuration
scripts that come with qmail distribution are excluded from the
package?  They are referenced to all over the documentation...

Thanks for any input,
--
Arcady Genkin
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.