wvdial doesn't connect

hi there

i recently installed debian potato on my pc, everything works fine BUT
i cannot manage to connect to the internet, so i still have to use
ms-windows for that purpose :(

the problem is:
after dialing with wvdial i get an OK msg, but then my (internal noname
PnP 56k) modem just keeps beeping, and it doesn't stop until i hit
ctrl-c. i also tried stupid mode, but it makes no difference. i checked
the wvdial sources, the prog seems to hang, because the modem/server
doesn't return an "ppp" string.

my wvdial.conf:
[Dialer Defaults]
Phone = P0,T3508877
Username =
Password =
Stupid Mode = no
New PPPD = yes
Modem = /dev/ttyS1
Baud = 115200
Init1 = ATZ
Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 S11=55 +FCLASS=0 X3

someone's got an idea what might have gone wrong?