Re: Email client and conversion from Netscape Mail on win32

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 04:42:28PM -0500, Peter Kovacs wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 12:48:46PM -0800, MikeF wrote:
> > Back to mutt and friends:
> > Are there any utilities that will scan a mbox and delete messages older than
> > a relative date in the past?  Say, 30, 14 or 7 days?  Maybe it can move them
> > over to another mbox hierarchy for archive...  Any ideas?
>
> Add something like this to your .muttrc:
>
> folder-hook =debian-.*$ 'push T~r>1m!~F\n\;'     # 1 month
>
> Whenever you enter a folder named =debian-* it tags messages older than
> 1 month.  You can then delete them at your leisure.

I should mention that you can delete tagged messages by doing ";d".  If
you're serious about using mutt you should subscribe to the Mutt Users
mailing list as tips like this get passed around all the time.

Peter

--
Peter D. Kovacs <peter@kovax.org>
Software Developer