Fwd: Re: missing char-major-10-135

set rant=on

somebody please explain to me why this message, posted on 05 Mar 2001:

  mickey.lan.aokiconsulting.com) (mail@24.19.151.68) by
  murphy.debian.org with SMTP; 5 Mar 2001 20:15:36 -0000

was handed off by murphy to a micro$oft server:

	by sm3.texas.rr.com (8.11.0/8.11.1) with SMTP id f25KlGU16552
	for <jorman@austin.rr.com>; Mon, 5 Mar 2001 14:47:18 -0600

before being relayed by another micro$oft server 14 hours later:

  with Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.5.1877.537.53); Tue, 6 Mar 2001 04:33:02 -0600

before finally arriving at mine 32 hours later:

	by diamond.madduck.net (postfix) with ESMTP id 58FB3C
	for <madduck@madduck.net>; Fri,  9 Mar 2001 00:34:10 -0500 (EST)

???

usually, messages from murphy go straight:

  by diamond.madduck.net (postfix) with SMTP id 636DDC for
  <mass@madduck.net>; Thu,  8 Mar 2001 22:31:19 -0500 (EST)

and arrive in a timely manner.

okay, i am sure that some form of temporary mail relay chain could
have been put in place for whatever reason, but please, someone give
me a clue why this chain has to involve two micro$oft servers which
take 46 hours total to get the message to me?

does debian have a regular mailbox? because i'd much rather send my
replies USPS -- which would be faster than micros~1 SMTPSVC (ugh!).

the worst - i think i even received this message at one point. what's
going on???

set rant=off

cheers,
"you raise the blade, you make the change
 you rearrange me till i'm sane.
 you lock the door, and throw away the key,
 there's someone in my head but it's not me."
                                                   -- pink floyd, 1972