[amshey@thecia.net: X4 Feedback]

Can someone help this person please?

----- Forwarded message from amshey@thecia.net -----

From: amshey@thecia.net
To: branden@ecn.purdue.edu
Subject: X4 Feedback
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 12:23:10 -0500

Hullo there,
  Many thanks for being crazy enough to maintain the X debs.
  I recently 'upgraded' to testing + X4, and had the following problems:
    On build in archives on 3/5/2001:

    No XF86Config-4 file created (even though I was asked questions by X4 that were like xf86config)
    xf86config ran and created XF86Config-4, but this file claimed to be unable to get video modes.
    Changing driver in XF86Config-4 to 'nv' (I have Creative 3DBlaster with Nvidia chipset) made X
    work when called as XF86Config.

    Neither xdm nor startx succeed; they wait forever for Xserver to start accepting connections.
    .xsession files seem not to be executed, probably because I am calling X directly.

  I hope this is not useless information, but I also cannot find anywhere on your X Strike Force website
  a mention of how severe of a problem should be reported to you, or where it should be reported, or what
  forum to watch for more information.. I think that a short list of 'known problems' and 'when/where to
  talk/listen'would get you more useful information from testers.

  Happy Hacking!

		--Chris

----- End forwarded message -----

--
G. Branden Robinson             |   Men use thought only to justify their
Debian GNU/Linux                |   wrong doings, and speech only to conceal