Re: [Xpert]Problems with SiS 6326 AGP in X 4.0.2

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Eric wrote:

  Hi,

> I am unable to make my SiS 6326 AGP card with 8MB of VRAM work at all
> in XFree86 4.0.2 (in the Debian unstable distribution).  I get the
> following message every time I try to start X:

  Your XF86Config says you are using the vesa driver, but your log file
shows a problem with the SiS driver.

  Anyway, I have a SiS 6326 PCI for, and it seens that it only works at
640x400 @ 8bpp with the vesa driver. Interesting is that it list this mode
5 times, maybe a hw implementation bug, as other cards will list 5 or more
modes, but all modes with different resolutions/depth.

  If I boot my test computer without the kernel framebuffer, the sis
card will work with the vesa driver up to 1280x1024.

  Using the SiS driver, the card I have works with 4.0.2 using "NoAccel",
or the 4.0.1 driver.

> Fatal server error:
> AddScreen/ScreenInit failed for driver 0
>
> My XF86Config-4 and the log of me starting X are attached.
>
> Please Help,
> eric.
>
> --
>  _____  _