tulip and kernel 2.4.2

Hi,

I recently compiled kernel 2.4.2 and am having a difficult time getting
the tulip driver module to load.  The module loads fine using kernel
2.2.18 (from /etc/modules) without passing any parameter arguments.
However, even when I try to load the module using irq and io values, it
fails to load.

I checked ifconfig and it told me that my ethernet card has a base
address:
0x7000 and an interrupt of 10.

When I type modprobe tulip io=0x7000 irq=10 it says that this is an
invalid io_parm.

I do not know if it helps, but it also says that the MMIO region
unavailable, aborting.

If anyone has any ideas about what the problem might be, I would
appreciate it.  I combed the archives back through december and could
not find any advice for a similar problem.

Thanks in advance,
jake