Testing wants to remove most of my system...

Hi gang,

I've been tracking testing, but only sporadically. It's probably 2 weeks
or so since I last did an upgrade.

When I attempted it today (using dist-upgrade), it looked like apt
wanted to remove most of my system.

I'm guessing that the issue is perl related, as the new packages to be
installed were all perl ones.

Is there any way to work around this (just do an upgrade, rather than a
dist-upgrade and ignore all the ones that have been held back?)?

My impression is that, the way things get into testing, it'll probably
be some weeks before it sorts itself out.

cheers,

damon

--
Damon Muller              | Did a large procession wave their torches
Criminologist/Linux Geek  | As my head fell in the basket,