Re: DSL

it's really easy then.   just enter the same settings for your ethernet
card in linux as you would in windows.  you will be prompted for this info
on the installation of debian.

might i suggest for a first time storm?  (stormix.com)  it's debian based,
and compatable with debian in everyway.  but, it adds some gui stuff that
you might find useful as a newbie.

/me prepares to dodge the mob of debian puritians...

--
Forrest English
http://truffula.net

"When we have nothing left to give