Re: What kernel module for "Sound Max Digital Audio"?

Kent West wrote:
> /Rant
> At any rate, I'm getting really frustrated, and am about to give up on
> getting sound to work on my new computer with Debian. I'm not giving up
> on Debian by any means, but it is making me feel less gung-ho to
> recommend it to newbies like I've been doing. :-(   Configuring hardware
> is still just way too hard for even someone who's technically literate.
> Petrely is right; we need standards (without the straight-jacket that
> could conceivably bring with it). At the least, we need good
> documentation, and that's hard to come by with the extreme complexity
> and variability of Linux systems.
> /End of Rant

	There is something to be said for a PCI sound card. I have no
aliases for sound modules or entries in modules.conf. I have only one
line i added to /etc/modules : es1371. This loads a single sound module
to run my Creative 4812 PCI Ensoniq Sound Card (cost $22).
	Sound works out of the box , nothing else needed, as a matter of
fact when i listen to cd's i just put a cd in and listen to the music.
No need to even start a program for playing cd's.
--
LINUX~~nobody owns it~~everybody can use it~~anybody can improve it