debain on windows 2k

hi,
     i am trying to install debian linux on my office computer which has
only one hard disk i.e no partitions
can i go ahead with the insatllation or should i downgrade to windowsNT.
     one of my friend who was installing red hat had to first downgrade to
NT. Also, the sysadmin gave some reason of file systems. can anybody please
explain further?
                                                    thanx,
                                                      INDSpeedFreak
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com