Re: anyone have a epson stylus photo 870 working?

On Sun, Mar 04, 2001 at 07:41:28PM -0900, Ethan Benson wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 05:22:50AM +0100, Erdmut Pfeifer wrote:
> >
> > exactly -- at least that's what one would expect.
> > Normally gs should just load the svga shared lib, but not start reading
> > related config files, etc. However, the fact that in your case it does
> > proceed as if it wanted to init the svga driver, makes me guess that
> > there might be some problem with the device specification in the gs
> > command (that's why I asked for that exact command). In that case it
> > would be possible that gs falls back to the built-in default device
> > (x11 when in X, and that stupid svga thing when in console mode).
>
> the lpdomatic filters use the uniprint driver.  another version uses
> stp which is not available in gs.  (in either potato or woody/sid)

it seems as if there's a special gs package with stp included:

ftp://ftp.debian.org/pub/sourceforge/gimp-print/gs_5.10stp-10_i386.deb

also, in there you'll find a README.stp.gz with further infos on how
to build it from source, etc. -- just in case you need to.

Can't tell you whether it works, though, because I don't own that
printer -- from the docs it sounds promising :)

Good luck,
Erdmut

--
Erdmut Pfeifer
science+computing gmbh

-- Bugs come in through open windows. Keep Windows shut! --