problem with dpkg?? and other problems..

im running sid and when i use dselect to install packages i get this
error:
---
Setting up console-common (0.2) ...
Can't locate object method "flag_seen" via package
"Debian::DebConf::Question" at /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/ConfigDb.pm line
118.
dpkg: error processing console-common (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 255
---
what does that mean and how do i fix it?
---
next, i downloaded and installed kernel 2.4.2 and patched it with alan's
ac11-fix...when i start linux with that kernel, i get tons of APIC cpu1,
cpu2 errors... i have a abit BP6 motherboard with 2 celeron 366's OC'd to
500... i read the IO-APIC.txt in the kernel docs...i just dont understand
what is "wrong" with it.
---
sometimes, when i boot, either my 2.4.2 kernel or my default 2.2.18pre21
kernel...i get a crc error, and booting halts.. what is causing that? i'm
having a slew of problems with this new mboard/processor.

well i hope someone can help point me in a direction to get these problems
fixed.

thanks,
ian