Re: red-carpet

Eileen Orbell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was trying to install red-carpet but ran into this little hitch:
> Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
>    red-carpet: Depends: libgnet0 but it is not installable
>                Depends: libgnomeprint11 (>= 0.25-helix1) but 0.24-helix2 is
> to be installed
>                Depends: libgtkhtml7 (>= 0.8.1) but it is not going to be
> installed
>                Depends: liboaf0 (>= 0.6.1) but it is not going to be installed
>                Depends: liborbit0 (>= 0.5.6) but 0.5.0-5 is to be installed
>
> I looked at the debian packages list and do not see some of these?  Anyone
> able to point me in the right direction here?

Red-Carpet is extremely beta and is very unstable. As such, it currently
requires these dependencies be resloved by using libs & support apps
from Ximian gnome 1.4 beta and from stable ximian gnome. You will need
to search their site for the missing files
http://www.ximian.com..... They are there, as I have it installed and
running. It is buggy as all get out,,, but VERY impressive. It should be
exciting to see the finished product. I will attach my
/etc/apt/sources.list file it should help. Best wishes.

--
We specialize in multi-processor computing systems!
John Foster
AdVance-Computing Systems
deb http://security.debian.org stable/updates main contrib non-free
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ woody  main non-free contrib
##deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ unstable  main non-free contrib
# deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ testing  main non-free contrib
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US woody/non-US main contrib non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US Debian2.2r2/non-US main contrib non-free
##deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib non-free
# deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US testing/non-US main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp1.us.debian.org/debian dists/potato-proposed-updates/
#deb http://ftp.minivend.com/interchange/debian dists/interchange/main/binary-i386/
#deb ftp://ftp.advance-computing.com/pub/debian/ stable main
#deb ftp://ftp.advance-computing.com/pub/debian/ stable non-free
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ Debian2.2r2 main non-free contrib
#deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ Debian2.2r2 main non-free contrib
deb http://spidermonkey.ximian.com/1.4beta1/distributions/debian unstable main
deb http://spidermonkey.ximian.com/distributions/debian unstable main

# deb-src http://spidermonkey.ximian.com/1.4beta1/distributions/debian unstable main
### deb ftp://spidermonkey.ximian.com/pub/red-carpet/binary/debian-22-i386/
deb http://spidermonkey.helixcode.com/distributions/debian unstable main