Re: remote printing

On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 10:24:08PM -0500, Michael P. Soulier wrote:

> [msoulier@lupus msoulier]$ lpr mail.out
> lpr: connect: Connection refused
> jobs queued, but cannot start daemon.
>
>     I've checked, the the lpd daemon is running on both machines.
>
>     What am I missing?

    Ah, got it. I ran the lpd restart but it actually didn't restart. The old
one just kept running and the pid file was stale.

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be  dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead." -- RFC 1925