apt-get breakage

AAA!  apt-get dist-upgrade hosed my system yesterday!

Well, hosed is a bit rough... everything works but it seems 'su' is
busted.  It says:
"su: Unrecognized Linux-PAM error
Sorry."

I've tried reinstalling all packages related to login, libpam, libpam-
modules, etc.  I've tried pwconv'ing and pwuconv'ing.  No dice.  I
was very surprised to see this, since a) I'm running stable, and b)
I've been using apt-get for a few weeks to keep this system current.
 Anyone have any advice as to how to fix this?

Thanks,
	C Brown

 Chris Brown       cbrown@seitz.com         !!! HELP FIGHT SPAM !!!

 Join; www.cauce.org  See; spam.abuse.net, spamsucks.com, www.cm.org