RE: Help geting hP jetdirect printer to work with Debian

I like them too.  Instead of using lpd protocol, you can go direct using
a line like ":lp=printername-or-ip%9100" and leave out the rm and rp
entries.  If you ever need a filter, you don't have to use the lpr_bounce
stuff.  This is with lprng only.  If you use a name instead of ip-addr, then
you have to put that into /etc/hosts or dns.  Ours all get put into dns so
it's easy to use names.  If one breaks, they replace it and fix up the dns
entry and everything works...

jim