Re: Napster Block Ipchains Debian 2.2

On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 12:41:12PM -0300, Martin Marconcini wrote:

> 	My firewall is using Debian and my damn boss asked me to block napster.

Don't try to block napster by port number. Just understand how napster works.

It works by letting a client query the *napster* server for lists
of systems that have a particular song. The client then goes to
the listed system and retrieves the song.

Well, just block the napster site using ipchains, then no indexing can
be done.

--
email: john@fjellstad.org                   Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

#####          I'm subscribed to this list, no need to cc:          ######