Re: Firewall aware IRC

Matt Grant wrote:

> Anyone know of a Chat Client that is rather flexible with firewalls.
> The Network has a Novell Bordermanager Firewall that tends to do the job very well.
>
> I have tried a few(GnomeIcU and XChat)  but I am quite a rookie
> --
> Matt Grant
> I.T. Systems Technician
> Arrowstreet Inc.

It is a bit difficult to tell exactly what kind of problems you
are having, but from my own experiences with IRC and firewalls
I would guess that you are having problems using IRC across a
firewall ?

If this is the problem you will have to reconfigure the firewall
(or have the sysadm reconfigure it). There is nothing the IRC
client can do if the firewall is configured to not allow IRC
traffic.

If you are running a linux firewall probably all that needs to
be done is to load the ip_masq_irc module.

Happy hacking,

\Gandalf