Re: partial success (was: getting started with compiling java...)

On Sun, Jan 28, 2001 at 10:03:14PM +0100, Andreas Hetzmannseder wrote:
> Hi debian-users,
>
> For the time being I would like to compile some kind of HelloWorld
> application, be it with gcj, jikes or kjc. All of the three give me
> error messages, and I have no idea how to fix them. Here they are:
>
> with gcj:
>     /usr/lib/crt1.o: In function `_start':
>     /usr/lib/crt1.o(.text+0x18): undefined reference to `main'
>     collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> with jikes:
>     Found 2 system errors:
>
>     *** Error: Could not find package named
>         /usr/share/java/repository/java/util
>
>     *** Error: Could not find package named
>         /usr/share/java/repository/java/lang
>
> with kaffe's kjc:
>     java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: at/dms/kjc/Main
>         at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:38)
>         at java.lang.Error.<init>(Error.java:21)
>         at java.lang.LinkageError.<init>(LinkageError.java:21)
>         at java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError.<init>(NoClassDefFoundError.java:21)
>
> My CLASSPATH would be /usr/share/kaffe

[...]

O.K., I will answer to myself...

I managed to run jikes -classpath /usr/share/java/libgcj.zip MyApp.java
- though I still don't know what to do with /usr/share/java/repository...

Still no success with gcj and kjc...

Greetings,
Andreas.