Debian Testing distro problems

Hi,
	I have recently upgraded my potato to testing.

	A strange thing happened.

	It appears that after 1 or 2 days of uptime, when I'm idle (either in a x environment or in a console). The output of "whoami" would be, "you do not exist, go away!"

	I could not even log in as root.

	The only way to get out of it is to press the "reset" button on my box.

	Initially, I thought this could be due to some online hackers. However, I tested again, offline. Same thing happened.

	I have no idea how this happened, it'd be great if any of you guys have
	encountered the same problem?

cheers.

Bill
--