Re: wish list -> My personal Debian User Manual Generator

On Sat, Jan 27, 2001 at 12:13:27AM +0100, Matthias Wieser wrote:
> now my idea is, that there should be place, where you can just enter
> your system parts, and it will return a "user manual" just covering the
> parts you really need.

> It would work like that: People who have already set up their system
> contribute information what they needed to get their system running.

> On the other side, someone can go through a menu, choose
> CPU, kind of bus system, usb-devices, printer, soundcard, network cards,
> isdn-card.
>
> after choosing all that, it generates a tex or html output, or just
> plain text.

> i would like to here your opinion about such an idea.

delightful! with a round or two of proofing, this sounds like an
ideal approach to what i've been after for months now...

http://sourceforge.net has room for a project like this.
matthias, you should start a new project over there that does
exactly this, and it sounds like you've already got some
volunteers.

i've got "newbiedoc" registered there, where we're trying to
find intelligent ways of creating new documents and keeping the
old ones interlinked and formatted wisely and so forth -- but
your idea would put us out of business once it had some steam
behind it... cool!

full steam ahead!

--
See, if you were allowed to keep the money, you wouldn't
create jobs with it. You'd throw it in the bushes or

will@serensoft.com    ***    http://www.dontUthink.com/