Re: fstab entry for cd-rw device?

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Stefan Srdic wrote:
> I'm trying to get my cd-burner working under Debian 2.2. I've configured
> my system so that the ide-scsi module is loaded at boot time and I've

> I know that the module is loaded and functional because I can see the
>
> However, I'm not sure which paramaters to add in the /etc/fstab file. My
> thoughts are to add something like the following:
>
> /dev/scd0             /cdburner                iso9660
> defaults,user,noauto        0                0
>
> Will this work? Or is there a better way to mount my cd-rw?

This should do fine.

I prefer to mount the rw as /dev/hdd, IDE, and when I actually want to
use the burner, i have a script to unmount/unload ide and start the
scsi environment. The direct ide reads seem to be faster with my drive
at least. I just a had a look, that script si too well documented to be
mine. Maybe you'll find it in cdrecord/contribution? Else ask me.

greetings and fun with yo new? rw, martin
.