Re: as86 command not found

as86 is the assembler for 80x86 processors. It is included in the bin86
package in potato.

apt-get install bin86

binutils contains as, which is the GNU assembler.  I don't know if that
will support the kernel source, however.

--
Bob Nielsen, N7XY                          nielsen@oz.net
Bainbridge Island, WA                      http://www.oz.net/~nielsen