Suggestions for dual processor

Hi Debians!

I want to buy a new computer. My old one is a five year old P100.

I want to set up a little debian network:

The new server -- the old P100 -- a SUN LX as XTerminal -- a not yet
bought notebook -- and a 486 as router for the internet or second
X-Terminal for the kids (games!).

I will use the new server for LaTeX, Internet, StarOffice and Gimp. I
am further working with WML Website Meta Language so I do some kind of
compiling nearly every day. The new server shall make a daily backup,
burn CDs and serve as print- , fileserver and server for the
XTerminal(s).

Do you think it is a good idea to use a dual processor board or is it
easier to maintain a single processor machine. I need the computer for
work. If you recommend a dual processor machine - what board would you
suggest? And what components I should use? My hardware-shop sells
taylor-made computers, so I can choose the best components.

TIA
juh

--
Eingemachtes von der F.A.Z.