Re: Problems booting NT with Lilo

At 10:20 AM 1/13/01 -0500, you wrote:
Linux boots no problems as usual. NT does not.
When I boot NT I get a Blue screen of death with the error message
c0000135 and that winsrv.dll cannot find a DLL it needs.
Upon furthur investigation I have determined that somehow the second
NTFS partition is getting marked as a HIDDEN NTFS partition when I boot
linux. This causes NT not to be able to see it when I boot and therefore
it crashes. If I make /dev/hda1 the active partition and just boot NT
without LILO everything works fine. If I boot a dos disk and use
partition magic to unhied the NT partition it will boot fine through
LILO until after the next time I boot into Linux and then the 2nd NTFS
partition is labelled as HIDDEN NTFS again and I have to go and unhide
the partition.

Gidday - NT is a total bastard at any time of the day or night.

On my box theres a minihowto in

/usr/share/doc/HOWTO/en-txt/mini/Linux+NT-Loader.txt.gz

Which looks relevant, but talks about using the NT loader to start linux with lilo in the boot record of your linux root partition.

--
Criggie