Re: Kernel boot messages

On Sat, Jan 13, 2001 at 10:18:59AM -0500, Hall Stevenson wrote:

> Casey, thanks for the reply. I've only recently switched to Debian and I
> don't recall either RedHat or Mandrake logging all of this info (or more
> likely, I never checked for it). Nonetheless, the error I'm looking for
> didn't show up.

When you boot up, try <shift><pgup|pgdn> to move up/down the screen on tty1
BEFORE you log on, and see if you see the error message that way.

BTW, you might like to turn on word wrapping in your messages.

HTH,

Kenward
--
It is not so very important for a person to learn facts.  For that he
doesn't really need a college education, for he can learn them from