Re: [0T] need a url that crashes netscape

Andre Berger <uzscd5@uni-bonn.de> writes:

> ktb <x.y.f@home.com> writes:
>
> > 	This may be a strange request but I'm trying to write a little
> > 	wrapper of sorts for Netscape that removes the lock file
> > 	automatically after killing the browser when it hangs.  The
> > 	problem I'm having is finding a site that hangs Netscape.  I
> > 	usually have no trouble when I'm not looking:)
> > 	thanks,
> > 	kent
>
> You can do it the other way round: remove the file before starting
> it, like
>
> rm  ~/.netscape/lock 2> /dev/null
> netscape

I would consider that a bad idea because it would really make the
lockfile totally obsolete. And doesn't stop you starting netscape if
another one is still running (more or less) somewhere on your
machine.

I think the other way, cleaning up after netscape got killed (even
externally) would be the better way.

--
Tschoe,                    Get my gpg-public-key here
 Jens                     http://gecius.de/gpg-key.txt