Re: Desktopless StarOffice for 486?

Veit Waltemath <veitw@wsbt.de> writes:

> On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 02:30:32PM +0100, Sebastiaan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 12 Jan 2001, Andre Berger wrote:
> >
> > > I have a 486 with less than 1 GB total HDD space (on three HDDs). Is
> > > there still an older, smaller, desktop-free version of StarOffice
> > > around? I'd actually mainly need the StarWriter component.
> >
> > AFAIK not, but Sun is busy to break the office into pieces, so that you do
> > not have to load the entire desktop. So wait, or download the source,
> > alter the source and compile it, but I do not think that is an option.
> >
> > Greetz,
> > Sebastiaan

> I do not know it exatly, but there is an Editor who is
> starwriter-compatible, i think its 'joe' ?
> my 02 euro.
> --
> Veit Waltemath <veitw@wsbt.de>

I'd like to have a GUI for less experienced users. From what I've read
the StarWriter Module is about ten years old, so my guess was an older
version would do here. I'll have a look at joe nonetheless, I'm
curious what "StarWriter-compatibility" is.

--
Andre Berger                                [andre.berger@topmail.de]