Re: sources.list for testing?

"Arthur H. Johnson II" <arthur@linuxbox.nu> wrote:
>On Friday 12 January 2001 10:55, David B. Harris wrote:
>> Woody is now testing, as you probably know. All of your old Woody
>> sources.list lines are now pointing to testing, instead of unstable. So,
>> your current Woody sources.list is the correct one to be using
>> 'testing'. Just 'apt-get update && apt-get -u dist-upgrade'. That should
>> bring put you current with 'testing'.
>
>I got burned by this thing as well.  I just changed my sources.lists from
>woody to testing

If your mirror's even vaguely current, leaving it at woody should be
fine if you want to track testing; people were generally burned because
they really wanted to be tracking unstable.

The best thing to do is use status names (stable, testing, unstable) if
you want to track by status, and codenames (potato, woody, sid) if you
want to track particular distributions. Of course, sid will always be
equal to unstable (unless it all gets changed around again).