Debian and Enterprise 5500

Has anyone tried to install Debian on an Enterprise 5500? Are there any
known problems with it? Does SMP work?
Will it boot from the debian 2.1r2 sparc cd (i'm still waiting for our
internet connection to calm down so I can finish rsyncing the image.)
I'm asking all of this because a while back (6 months ago) I tried to
install on a 1000E and after a huge amount of pain I got it to work, but
SMP was broken in the kernel and I ended up having to load Solaris on it
again.

Thanks,
Steve Rothanburg

--
There is an old saying that if a million monkeys typed on a million
keyboards for a million years, eventually all the works of Shakespeare