Re: how to compile a kernel?

> If someone can submit differences for other architectures including notes
> for common hardware quirks, then I can include them in the Kernel-HOWTO,

I'll try to do some digging this weekend and try to come up with a solid
list of the important differences.  There aren't a lot of differences, so
it shouldn't be such a big job.

> but they would have to go in a different section near the end because most
> people don't run x86 and don't want to get caught up in a gigantic case
> statement while reading a document.

I think an appendix with an entry for each port should be just fine.  Of
course, I'm not qualified to comment on most ports, but, if there's an entry
for one port in place, you may get offers for info on others.

Eric