Re: two issues: ssh and 2.2.9 kernel

Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> writes:

> On Wed, 9 Jun 1999, Anton Blanchard wrote:
>

> > > 2.2.9 seems to have fixed the high load problem.  However, there
> > > definately *is* still a problem with gmp2 2.0.2-6.2 and ssh
> > > 1.2.26-1.2.  As Ivan reported, it hangs on boot, sucking all CPU.
> > > Very annoying.  I can neither ssh in nor out.
> >
> > There was a bug in the shared libgmp. I am not sure it will fix
> > your problem, but it did fix kaffe from coredumping.

> As the maintainer of libgmp2, I am a bit disapointed that NMUs are being
> made without any notification sent to me.

NMUs were made by somebody, but they weren't NMUs of "libgmp2", but
rather NMUs of "gmp2".  (Which also appears to be maintained by you.)
My guess is that it's a depricated package that needs to be removed
from potato.  I have no idea why people are releasing NMUs of an
obsolete package (or NMUs of any package without contacting the
maintainer).  Potato for i386 currently contains libgmp2_2.0.2-2 and
gmp2_2.0.2-6.2.

Steve
dunham@cse.msu.edu