Re: Re[1]: Java on Ultra I with UltraLinux (RedHat)

On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, Ben Collins wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 03, 1999 at 04:01:00PM -0700, Ryan Smith-Roberts wrote:
>
> > Currently the Linux-Sparc port of the JDK and Debian don't play very well
> > together.  The libc5-based JDK 1.1 available from blackdown.org crashes
> > (for me...), and the prelease copy of JDK 1.2 I got from the maintainer
> > (which uses glibc) also crashes (but only on Debian).  I gave the
> > maintainer a login on my box to investigate, but he's been busy doing
> > other stuff right now.
>
> Does it crash on Debian's SPARC slink or potato?

slink.  I'm running a 2.2.9 kernel.

Also, the JDK 1.2 developer fixed some bugs (malloc & -fPIC issues) and
indicated confidence in getting green threads running, but that native
threads might be a ways off.

--
Ryan Smith-Roberts <rsr@buzzwerks.com>
Making the immovable irresistible since 1975