Re: sparc64 and sparc architecture -- any consensus?

[snip]

> Basically I don't think we should make it easy for some one to screw there
> system up. sparc64 is a long way off from being able to be the "main
> environment". Until then, we should probably keep the default sparc32,
> IMHO on both environments.

I think the argument was legitimate. However, 32-bit sparc systems will
soon be phased out just like 486 in x86 domain. There are virtually no
systems in production anymore. The only users that require Sun to provide
32-bit sparc systems are those still use SunOS 4.x for their applications.
I do not think it will last very long. We cannot just make UltraLinux for
salvage hardware.

> > "We" are looking for the following 64-bit libraries:
> >

> I have a libc.a, ld-linux64.so, and libelf.so if that helps any.

Great! Where did you get them from and how do I get them?

Thanks,

--ward