Debian on Ultra (egcs64 announce and repost of article)

Ok, my original message is below.  There also is a binary for the
Mach64 X server at the location mentioned in the message - I also have
a Xsun24 binary if anybody is trying to install on a SBUS machine with
a creator board.  The message basically contains instructions for
those who can't wait a few weeks for a more nicely packaged version.

I just uploaded the "egcs64" package to incoming.

In addition to this, you will need a different version binutils -- it
must be compiled with egcc, and "--enable-targets=sparc64-linux" added
to the configure line.  I also added two patches from UltraPenguin - I
don't know if they are necessary, but they don't hurt.  The binutils
that I have generate sparc32 and sparc64 objects (defaults to sparc32,
of course).

I'll put more info up in a web page next weekend.

Steve
dunham@cse.msu.edu