Re: state of mipsen cross toolchains

On 29.10.19 00:20, YunQiang Su wrote:
Helmut Grohne <helmut@subdivi.de> 于2019年10月29日周二 上午4:51写道:

Hi Matthias,

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 09:28:14PM +0100, Matthias Klose wrote:
If you think, there is coordination needed, then you were probably not aware
of dropping mips as a release architecture and not adding it as a port.

I'm sorry, my previous mail contained a very misleading typo. Where I
wrote "crossbuild-essential-mips", I actually meant
"crossbuild-essential-mipsel". No, I'm not trying to get "mips" back.

Due to this typo, your answer does not answer any of my questions. I'm
actually interested in the fate of the remaining release mipsen
architectures. Or maybe I'm missing plans to remove all mipsen as
release architectures?

So, should we make
crossbuild-essential-mipsel/crossbuild-essential-mips64el back
in src:build-essential?

no. any RC issue in the issue in the cross-mipsen packages would propagate to the build-essential package.

I will figure out a mipsen src package and build other non-release
architectures.

that would be appreciated.

Matthias