Re: gfortran release goal?

Am Sonntag, den 09.03.2008, 17:28 +0200 schrieb Riku Voipio:
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 01:55:12PM +0100, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> > Please do NOT NMU any packages maintained by the debichem team. These
> > packages are: mopac7, mpqc, libghemical and ghemical.
>
> > I summarized the current state at:
> > http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debichem-devel/2008-February/000566.html
>
> > We plan to do the transition in experimental to allow the openbabel
> > transition to proceed (waiting for gchempaint being built on mips). And
> > we want to get rid of the libf2c2-dependency of mopac7 as discussed in
> > #465723.
>
> Any news on these?

I'm a bit short of time, but I prepare them right now. I therefor delay
the goal to build MOPAC7 from the Fortran sources.

> as ar as I see, openbabel has transitioned. The
> ghemical family is one of the last remaining g77 bits. After a quick
> look, I think mpqc does not need a library rename, but libghemical does.

ACK. libmopac7-1 and libghemical3 seem to need a rename. The other
should stay as they are. If you have any further comment, I'm currently
online in #debichem at FreeNode IRC so we can discuss this and packages
could be uploaded today.

Regards, Daniel