gfortran release goal?

Hi,

As noted by the latest gfortran transition update[1] by Kumar Appaiah,
the transition is now in full swing. The complex packages lower in
dependency chain have been uploaded to unstable, and for the rest
of packages bugs/patches have been filed.

Our main problem remains unresponsive maintainers. We suggest promoting
gfortran transition to a official release goal, so we can start
more aggresively NMU'ing packages. As for the entry for Lenny release
goal list[2]:

* gfortran transition
  Advocate: Riku Voipio and Mathias Klose
  Bug-Tag: gfortran
  State: xxx

Currently the bugs are usertagged[3] gfortran, but with debian-toolchain
user.

Cheers,
Riku

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-toolchain/2008/02/msg00000.html
[2] http://release.debian.org/lenny/goals.txt
[3] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?users=debian-toolchain@lists.debian.org;usertags=gfortran

--
"rm -rf" only sounds scary if you don't have backups