parallel installability of g77/gfortran lapack/blas/atlas planned?

Hi Camm,

as I understand it the gfortran-based versions of LAPACK, BLAS and ATLAS
are still only in experimental, right?

Do you intend to make it possible (before uploading into unstable) to
install the runtime library packages for the g77 versions and the
gfortran versions of these libraries in parallel?  Or are you going to
use the simpler model originally suggested by Riku, in which the
gfortran versions have the same soname as the old g77 versions, and
Conflict against them?

I ask because I am wondering whether to make it possible to do such a
parallel-install of Cernlib libraries, but of course if you are not
going to permit a parallel install, I don't really have the choice.  (In
principle I could still do it for the CERN libraries that don't depend
on LAPACK, but that would not be so useful.)  So I would like to know
now, before expending much energy on parallel installability.

Thanks and best regards,

--
Kevin B. McCarty <kmccarty@gmail.com>
WWW: http://www.starplot.org/