Re: gfortran transition release goal proposal

On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 06:58:28PM +0200, Luk Claes wrote:
> Matthias Klose wrote:
> > Camm Maguire writes:
> >> Greetings!  Has the gf library naming proposal been accepted?

> > nobody did complain, so I would say, yes.

> I think so too.

With the maintainers and release team accepting, it looks like we have
a consensus.

> > Riku, maybe announce the transition to d-d-a? Or should some more
> > packages prepared in advance?

> I would at least send it to all the package maintainers involved (Cc or Bcc)
> and debian-devel, I'm not sure I would send it to d-d-a...

Ideally I'd like to see the refblas3->lapack3->atlas3 set uploaded to
experimental first. But the experimental buildd's do not pull build
dependencies for experimental.. So as a lighter version,

first stage:

1) announce to d-d + bcc maintainers.

BCC, since it reply-all seems popular.

2) get refblas3 uploaded to experimental

Since it has a anal testuite, it should expose most critical porting
problems.

3) file important "please change to gfortran" bugs on the "trivial" packages.

Second stage:

If there is any serious problems shown by first stage, first get them
fixed. Else proceed directly:

Start uploading all packages build-depending on g77/libg2c. Raise RC
bugs as at this point gfortran transition is a release goal.

Sounds good?

--
"rm -rf" only sounds scary if you don't have backups