Re: fw: gfortran transition release goal proposal

Riku Voipio wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The proposal to transition from the outdated g77 to gfortran did
> not result any comments. Which rises the suspicion that the maintainers
> of affected packages are not reading debian-release or debian-toolchain.

I am not a maintainer of any of the affected packages, but I am interested
in this transition.

There is a problem with compiling refblas package with gfortran (some tests
do not pass).

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/fortran/2007-07/msg00352.html

The initial posts regarding this can be found at
[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-gcc/2007/06/msg00318.html
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-gcc/2007/07/msg00183.html

Would anyone like to take a look at it? Since many packages depend upon
refblas, I think this could be a significant hindrance to the transition.

thanks
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi