Re: gfortran transition update

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 06:50:42AM +0530, Kumar Appaiah wrote:
> Thanks for the neat page. My only query is this: What is a "leaf"
> package? Is it any package which depends on Lapack/blas? If this
> is the case, have you mentioned all of them, or only a select few
> (basically, I am looking for python-numpy and python-scipy).

leaf packages in this context are the ones that don't have complex
reverse dependencies, especially ones to fortran packages. The division
of pacakges isn't the clearest possible, but generally the idea is to
split the packages that "can break many other packages" from packages
that "most likely will only break themself".